Decaprime (Deca-Durabolin, Retabolil) is an anabolic and androgenic steroid produced in the form of injections. The chemical name is 19-nortestosterone. The human body can produce nandrolone in response to heavy and prolonged physical exertion (and during pregnancy in women). At the same time, its concentration is very small, and is only a few nanograms per milliliter of urine. Nandrolone is available in the form of decanoate and phenylpropionate (Nandrolone Decaonate and Phenylpropionate). The steroid was first introduced in the market in 1962, and today it occupies a key position in the market of sports pharmacology. The popularity of the drug has brought its high anabolic activity with a low probability of side effects.
Its chemical name is decanaldehyde nandrolone due to the absence of the 19th position of the carbon atom. Thus, it has a progestin nature and an androgenic effect as compared with testosterone. After entering the body, Nandrolone is converted by the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase into dihydronandrolone (very weak androgen), and almost does not cause side effects. But lowering the libido on the course is not ruled out.
Steroid profile of nandrolone decanoate
- Anabolic activity – 150% of testosterone
- Androgenic activity – 30% of testosterone
- Aromatase (estragene activity) – minimal
- Toxicity to the liver – low
- Method of application – injection (oil solution)
- Effect of the substance 15 days from the date of injection
- Recommended dose: 100-200 mg (200-400 mg)
- Detection time for doping control is 22-24 months (approximately, because the DC is improved in the search for methods for detecting prohibited substances, it still depends on the athlete, whether he will take phenobarbital and furosemide in order to accelerate the withdrawal of the drug)
Effects of nandrolone decanoate:
- Noticeable muscle growth (for a 2-month course there is a chance to gain from 4 to 10 kg of muscle mass)
- Strengthening of the bone system
- Removes pain in the joints, by increasing the accumulation of synovial fluid in the joint bag and providing anti-inflammatory action of nandrolone on the joints.
- Improvement of oxygen transfer in the body
- Strengthening immunity in the course of nandrolone
Although the side effects of Deca are relatively small, at the dosages of over 400 mg per week, androgenic conditions may occur, which results in increased blood pressure, in the slowdown of the blood clotting process, which can lead to frequent nasal bleeding and bleeding long healing wounds, and Also increased activity of the sebaceous glands and sometimes to progressive acne. Some athletes talk about frequent headaches. When taking very high doses for a longer time, men may experience delays in spermatogenesis, i.e. Testicles will produce less testosterone. This is the reason that Deca-Durabolin, like almost all steroids, causes a delay in the release of gonadotropins from the hypophysis.
As mentioned above, nandrolone has a high progestogenic activity, which often leads to “deca dick” and gynecomastia.